() esr@thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) () Thu, 2 Jan 2014 04:53:47 -0500 (EST) Sticking to a moribund version-control system will compound and exacerbate the project's difficulty in attracting new talent. It impedes people stuck on old (low spec) computers, too. For example, in my adventures w/ git-bzr, i have managed to do the initial clone, but 512M RAM is not enough to achieve the tantalizingly compact footprint that "git gc --aggressive" purports. I'm a stubborn fool and will find a way eventually (suggestions from git-bzr / git experts welcome!), but it's an unqualified slog that i imagine is just not worth the trouble for others in similar straits. -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil