Yuri Khan writes: > On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Sharon Kimble > wrote: > >> How can I bind '' to some keys to make it easier to enter >> please? I've got it as a yasnippet but its using 5 keys to enter it, and >> if I can just use say 3 keys it will speed things up. What it actually >> does is to enter a citation-repeat in mediawiki-mode. > > I was going to suggest yasnippet but I see you’re already using that :) > > I assume the 5 keys you have now are `< r e f TAB`. If not, please > elaborate. Thanks for replying Yuri. Its actually bound to 'crep' (meaning citation-repeat). > > You can shorten that to `< r TAB` by editing the snippet (M-x > yas-visit-snippet-file), changing the `# key: > You could do away with the initial `<` if you didn’t ever need to use > the snippet immediately after a word, like `foo footnotes and references, you often do, so you need a non-letter at > the start of the key. > > Alternatively, you could bind the snippet directly to a key by > specifying a `# binding:` directive in the snippet file. For example, > `# binding: M-r` or `# binding: C-c w r`. Thanks for this, its now bound to 'M-s-SPC' which makes it all a lot easier to use. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk Debian 8.6, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1