all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
To: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
Cc: Help GNU Emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Dired: how to mark with other character but *
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 07:53:20 +0100	[thread overview]

From the manual:

‘* c OLD-MARKCHAR NEW-MARKCHAR’
     Replace all marks that use the character OLD-MARKCHAR with marks
     that use the character NEW-MARKCHAR (‘dired-change-marks’).  This
     command is the primary way to create or use marks other than ‘*’ or
     ‘D’.  The arguments are single characters—do not use <RET> to
     terminate them.

(and yes, it is not easy to find unless you know what you're looking
for).

Hth,
mb

--