Eli Zaretskii writes: > I hope this gets cleaned up, because I think it would be good to have > this fixed for Emacs 27.2. I've reworked Glenn's patch for Emacs 28... but this is only for installed Emacsen? (And his comments about it needing more work is still true.) So that bit of the patch isn't directly relevant for the subject of this bug report, but I guess the addition of the "--fingerprint" bit is? (So that we can write to emacs-FINGERPRINT.pdmp before moving to the numbered version?) -- (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.) bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no