Hello, On Wed 20 Apr 2022 at 09:19AM +03, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> +To help with supplying absolute file name arguments to remote >> +commands, you can add the @code{eshell-elecslash} module to >> +@code{eshell-modules-list}. Then, typing @kbd{/} as the first >> +character of a command line argument will automatically insert the >> +Tramp prefix @file{/method:host:}. If this is not what you want >> +(e.g.@: because you want to refer to a local file) you can type > ^ > A comma is missing there. Thanks. This is an American English thing I find it hard to remember. >> -@item Make @kbd{/} electric >> +@item Make @kbd{/} more electric >> >> -So that it automatically expands and corrects pathnames. Or make >> -pathname completion for Pcomplete auto-expand @samp{/u/i/std@key{TAB}} to >> +So that it automatically expands and corrects pathnames, beyond what >> +the @code{em-elecslash} module is able to do. Or make pathname >> +completion for Pcomplete auto-expand @samp{/u/i/std@key{TAB}} to > > This last paragraph needs a @noindent and should start with a > lower-case letter, because it is a continuation of the previous > sentence. Also, it uses "pathname(s)" where it should use "file > name(s)". I was thinking that I would touch that paragraph only to the extent I had to to update it, but why not fix those things, indeed. >> +*** New module to help supplying absolute file names to remote commands. >> +After enabling the new module, typing a forward slash as the first >> +character of a command line argument will automatically insert the >> +Tramp prefix. The automatic insertion applies only when >> +'default-directory' is remote and the command is a Lisp function. >> +This frees you from having to keep track of whether commands are Lisp >> +function or external when supplying absolute file name arguments. See >> +"Electric forward slash" in the Eshell manual. > > This NEWS entry should name the module, I think. Good point. -- Sean Whitton