Brian Leung writes: > Theodor Thornhill writes: > >> Not sure I can reproduce this. > > Sorry, I made a mistake in my description. I additionally noticed > additional odd results in java-ts-mode. Let me try again: > >> p[u]blic abstract class Class { >> public static interface Interface { >> void someMethod(); >> [*] >> void otherMethod(); >> [}] >> } Right - thanks! Now I understand what you describe. I'll try to answer them case by case. > > 1. When point is at the "u" in "public", narrow-to-defun cuts off > "pu" and moves point to "b". Yes, this definitely looks like a bug. This is probably because the whole 'public' keyword maps to the declaration, and we don't move to the actual beginning. I can look into this. > 2. When point is anywhere in the first line of the class > declaration, mark-defun highlights "void otherMethod()", instead > of the entire class declaration. Yeah, I think I've fixed this in a patch I just submitted. > 3a. When point is at the [*] in between someMethod and > otherMethod, narrow-to-defun captures "void otherMethod()". I feel > that since the methods inside the interface declaration have no > bodies, it makes more sense to capture the entire interface > definition if point is at [*]. Maybe, but I don't believe this is wrong either. > 3b. Arguably, even if point were on the method declarations, we > might still want to (as plain java-mode does) capture the entire > interface definition, since body-less method declarations don't > feel especially defun-like. Maybe. Can you try applying the below patch and see if this changes anything for you? > 4. When point is on the closing bracket of the interface > definition, narrow-to-defun captures > >> void otherMethod(); >> } >> } > > which looks quite unusual to me. Yes, I agree with this one. My guess is that this is the same as number one. What do you think? Theo