all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Keep a dir at the top of load-path??
@ 2005-04-22  1:38 ned
From: ned @ 2005-04-22  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have built a handy .emacs that lets me run either Emacs or XEmacs
depending on my mood.

The only problem is that I want to byte-compile my various .els with
one or the other.  I want to specify an Emacs byte-compile destination and an
XEmacs destination and have them be called first from the load-path.

So the question is how to keep an entry as the first entry in
load-path no matter what gets added subsequently.

Does that make sense?
--
Ned Ludd

* Re: Keep a dir at the top of load-path??
       [not found] <mailman.2515.1114134355.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-04-22  2:01 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2005-04-22  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:38:52 -0400 ned@hermans.net wrote:

> I have built a handy .emacs that lets me run either Emacs or
> XEmacs depending on my mood.
>
> The only problem is that I want to byte-compile my various .els
> with one or the other.  I want to specify an Emacs byte-compile
> destination and an XEmacs destination and have them be called
> first from the load-path.
>
> So the question is how to keep an entry as the first entry in
> load-path no matter what gets added subsequently.

Maybe not quite what you want but does this help?

(defmacro dh-when-xemacs (&rest forms) ;; (declare (indent 0))
  (when (featurep 'xemacs) (cons 'progn forms)))

(defmacro dh-when-gnu-emacs (&rest forms) ;; (declare (indent 0))
  (unless (featurep 'xemacs) (cons 'progn forms)))

(defvar dh-elisp-dir
  (concat "~/.elisp/"
          (dh-when-xemacs "xemacs/")
          (dh-when-gnu-emacs "emacs/")