all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: emacs-current bootstrap fail on FreeBSD 6.2
       [not found] ` <87ac48xfeh.fsf@furball.mit.edu>
@ 2006-10-09 16:32   ` Chong Yidong
       [not found]   ` <20061010.021219.226799282.hashiz@tomba.meridiani.jp>
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-10-09 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: HASHI Hiroaki

that has been posted to gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs as well.

>> On emacs-current, make bootstrap stop fail.
>
> I can't reproduce this on GNU/Linux, and I don't know any Emacs
> developer who uses FreeBSD 6.2.
>
> Does this problem still occur with the latest CVS sources?  If so, one
> way to narrow the problem down is to check out older sources (with
> CVS's "-D" flag), and see when it broke.  Also, see if bootstrap works
> if you omit CFLAGS during configuration (though bootstrap works for me
> with those exact flags.)
>
>> How to repeat:
>> ----
>> % ./configure --with-gtk CFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -g"
>> % make bootstrap
>> .
>> Fatal error (11)Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>> *** Error code 1

Does this still happen with the latest CVS sources?

Does anyone on this list use FreeBSD 6.2, and is able to reproduce
this?

* Re: emacs-current bootstrap fail on FreeBSD 6.2
       [not found]       ` <20061010.145436.226789007.hashiz@tomba.meridiani.jp>
@ 2006-10-10 14:39         ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-10-10 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: HASHI Hiroaki

that has been posted to gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs as well.

>> It would be good to narrow down the bug to the specific checkin
>> responsible.  This won't take many more steps, since there were only a
>> few checkins to the source tree on that day (I assume these are the
>> changes dated 20060911 in the ChangeLogs, but I'm not sure if timezone
>> issues affect this---you can check the ChangeLog after each cvs `-D'
>> update to find out).  Please do the following from the emacs/
>> directory:
>>
>> 2. cvs up -D 2006-09-12 src/keymap.c
>>    make distclean
>>    ./configure --with-gtk CFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -g"
>>    make bootstrap
>
> Failed on this step.
>
> src/keymap.c  1.330    OK
> src/keymap.c  1.331    NG

Does anyone know if the FreeBSD is still using GCPRO's?  If so, could
someone check Flookup_key for missing GCPRO's?

* Re: emacs-current bootstrap fail on FreeBSD 6.2
@ 2006-10-10 15:13           ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2006-10-10 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: HASHI Hiroaki, emacs-devel

> Does anyone know if the FreeBSD is still using GCPRO's?  If so, could
> someone check Flookup_key for missing GCPRO's?

I could not find any GC problems in Flookup_key.  Both access_keymap and
get_keymap properly protect their arguments as necessary.

Andreas.

* Re: emacs-current bootstrap fail on FreeBSD 6.2
@ 2006-10-13  6:06           ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2006-10-13  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: HASHI Hiroaki, emacs-devel

> Does anyone know if the FreeBSD is still using GCPRO's?  If so, could
> someone check Flookup_key for missing GCPRO's?

The stack backtrace he posted shows the use of mark_maybe_object, so it
seems that GCPRO's aren't used here.