all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* regular expression package
@ 2008-04-07 21:42 David Roderick
From: David Roderick @ 2008-04-07 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Somebody wrote a package where you can do type a regular expression in
one buffer on some text in another, and see the results ins a 3rd
what is this package called and where can I get it?

--
from
David Roderick

* Re: regular expression package
@ 2008-04-07 22:23 ` Carl
From: Carl @ 2008-04-07 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Roderick <angel_ov_north@tiscali.co.uk> writes:

> Somebody wrote a package where you can do type a regular expression in
> one buffer on some text in another, and see the results ins a 3rd
> what is this package called and where can I get it?

M-x re-builder

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ReBuilder

HTH,

* Re: regular expression package
@ 2008-04-07 23:34 ` Shelagh Manton
From: Shelagh Manton @ 2008-04-07 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:42:49 +0100
David Roderick <angel_ov_north@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Somebody wrote a package where you can do type a regular expression in
> one buffer on some text in another, and see the results ins a 3rd
> what is this package called and where can I get it?

regex-tool.el
http://www.newartisans.com/downloads_files/regex-tool.el
re-builder
(which is inbuilt in emacs >=22) and maybe earlier.

Shelagh

Jabber: shelagh.manton@gmail.com

* Re: regular expression package
@ 2008-04-08 10:09 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2008-04-08 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Roderick <angel_ov_north@tiscali.co.uk> writes:

> Somebody wrote a package where you can do type a regular expression in
> one buffer on some text in another, and see the results ins a 3rd
> what is this package called and where can I get it?

There are a couple of packages like that. Emacs comes with re-builder,
which might be what your looking for.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: regular expression package
@ 2008-04-08 11:59   ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-04-08 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:

> David Roderick <angel_ov_north@tiscali.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Somebody wrote a package where you can do type a regular expression in
>> one buffer on some text in another, and see the results ins a 3rd
>> what is this package called and where can I get it?
>
> There are a couple of packages like that. Emacs comes with re-builder,
> which might be what your looking for.
>
> Tim

Hello,
have a try to regex-tool.el, it have 3 windows.

ftp://ftp.newartisans.com/pub/regex-tool.el

--
A + Thierry
Pub key: http://pgp.mit.edu