all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* remove support for platforms obsoleted in 23.1
@ 2009-11-10 11:47 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2009-11-10 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

etc/NEWS in 23.1 declared some platforms obsolete.
No requests have been received to keep that support.

Any objection to remove that support now?

* Re: remove support for platforms obsoleted in 23.1
@ 2009-11-10 14:35 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-11-10 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu> writes:

> etc/NEWS in 23.1 declared some platforms obsolete.
> No requests have been received to keep that support.
>
> Any objection to remove that support now?

Let's wait one more version.  No harm, I think.

* Re: remove support for platforms obsoleted in 23.1
@ 2009-11-10 18:00   ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2009-11-10 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

  > Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu> writes:
  >
  > > etc/NEWS in 23.1 declared some platforms obsolete.
  > > No requests have been received to keep that support.
  > >
  > > Any objection to remove that support now?
  >
  > Let's wait one more version.  No harm, I think.

Removing now might reveal other things that can be obsoleted (it has
done so in the past).   It would be good to be able to obsolete more
things in 23.2.

Reducing the number of variables that are used in the build system
should help, as the build system is held together by band-aid over
band-aid...

Can you please reconsider this?