all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Text selection can't be erased by pressing delete
@ 2010-08-20 12:08 Gabriel TEIXEIRA
From: Gabriel TEIXEIRA @ 2010-08-20 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

I've been working with three simultaneous emacs windows, each one
containing a diferent project, and I noticed that two of those three are
presenting a weird behaviour. When I select a text in those windows
(like by pushing Shift and then the arrow keys), and then I push the key
Delete, I expect that the selected/highlighted text be erased, but
instead, it erases a single character to the left of the cursor (like
would happen without the selection) and the selection disappears
(although the same operation works with Backspace or Shift+Delete
normally). It seems that the Delete key is not anymore aware of the text
selection. It is even more weird the fact that this doesn't happen with
the window that I opened the last and the other windows that I opened
after to check the behaviour. I seems that emacs "wears" after some time
opened. Anyone have any idea of what's this? Is this a bug or I typed
accidentaly any command that triggers this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Gabriel Teixeira