all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Where can one find most recent version of starttls.el?
@ 2011-01-06 22:33 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-01-06 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Subject says it all. I installed starttls0.10, which seems rather old,
and the starttls.el file installed into site lisp is stale. Doesn't
work with 23.2.

TIA

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: Where can one find most recent version of starttls.el?
@ 2011-01-06 22:43 ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-01-06 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Deleting the version installed by the starttls package made the one
included with 23.2 kick in.

Where is the most recent starttls package? I'm on a Mac, so building
from source is probably best (I only use homebrew as my package
manager, and they don't have starttls listed).

Thanks again!

@ 2011-01-07  0:54   ` Herbert J. Skuhra
From: Herbert J. Skuhra @ 2011-01-07  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:43:33 -0500 Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com> wrote:

> Deleting the version installed by the starttls package made the one
> included with 23.2 kick in.
>
> Where is the most recent starttls package? I'm on a Mac, so building
> from source is probably best (I only use homebrew as my package
> manager, and they don't have starttls listed).

FTP: ftp://ftp.opaopa.org/pub/elisp/
CVS: http://cvs.m17n.org/viewcvs/root/starttls/

As you can see it hasn't changed for years.

Hmm, what's wrong with starttls.el that ships with gnus and emacs? It
uses gnutls-cli if the starttls binary is not installed.

-Herbert