all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs-23.3.1
@ 2011-11-12 23:43 Denis Tapyshpan
From: Denis Tapyshpan @ 2011-11-12 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there!
here is Denis. I am looking for a answer about one week and I do not know,
what I have to do.
I have last emacs release(23.3.1) under slackware 13.37 and it works
perfect but just one function does not work. If one try to copy and paste
something from emacs(console mode) to browser(or to one other application)
or from one emacs(console mode) under launched terminal to second
emacs(console mode too) under other terminal, it absolutely does not work.

I try out everything, what I found in internet but it does not work...

Could you help me guys and give an vector of the search?

Many thanks,
Denis Tapyshpan

* Re: emacs-23.3.1
@ 2011-11-13  6:14 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-11-13  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:43:40 +0100
> From: Denis Tapyshpan <denis.tapyshpan@gmail.com>
>
> I have last emacs release(23.3.1) under slackware 13.37 and it works
> perfect but just one function does not work. If one try to copy and paste
> something from emacs(console mode) to browser(or to one other application)
> or from one emacs(console mode) under launched terminal to second
> emacs(console mode too) under other terminal, it absolutely does not work.

Emacs does not support copy/paste through the clipboard or selections
when it runs in the console (text terminal) mode.  What support you
have for that depends on your system configuration, Emacs is not
involved.

* Re: emacs-23.3.1
@ 2011-11-13  6:55 ` FreeHCK
From: FreeHCK @ 2011-11-13  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Denis Tapyshpan <denis.tapyshpan@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there!here is Denis. I am looking for a answer about one week and I
> do not know, what I have to do.I have last emacs release(23.3.1) under
> slackware 13.37 and it works perfect but just one function does not
> work. If one try to copy and paste something from emacs(console mode)
> to browser(or to one other application) or from one emacs(console
> mode) under launched terminal to second emacs(console mode too) under
> other terminal, it absolutely does not work.  I try out everything,
> what I found in internet but it does not work...Could you help me guys
> and give an vector of the search?Many thanks,Denis Tapyshpan

I had the same problem in when I used framebuffer console and GPM. I
should tall you that I didn't solve this, but:
1) You can restart GPM daemon to be able to copy and paste to or from
buffer. But it's ugly I think.
2) You can paste text to another file using cat command. Then you can
paste file into the buffer.
3) In Xorg everything works fine. If not - try urxvt.

If none of soviets had not helped you... So good luck! :)