Yuri Khan writes: > On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:29 PM, XeCycle wrote: > >> Ubuntu, like Debian, guesses you won't need those files. You can >> get the source release from GNU. > > Not entirely correct. In debianoids, one can download the sources from > which a binary package was built by issuing this: > > # apt-get source > > e.g. > > # apt-get source emacs > > This puts the sources in a subdirectory of the current working > directory, so then Emacs needs to be configured to find its sources > there. Ah, right, I forgot that. Most binary distributions don't provide sources by default, so I'm accustomed to get sources from official releases. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591