all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: ENWC Development
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:58:31 -0500	[thread overview]

Hey everyone,

I'd like to reboot enwc (the Emacs network client), and could use some help from anyone interested.

1. The information on elpa is outdated; I migrated enwc from bazaar to mercurial months ago, so that needs to be updated (Apologies for not mentioning this sooner).  Would it be easier if I had access to the elpa repo to make the changes myself?  I'd like to continue development on the Savannah repo enwc has, but I wouldn't mind syncing it to elpa myself after each release.

2. I'd like to support NetworkManager and Wicd, despite the latter's apparent death, but I've also looked into conn man and netctl.  What does everyone here use?

3. Finally, I'd appreciate help testing enwc.  I run NetworkManager myself, so that's likely to get the most testing, but I'd hate to see the others fall into disrepair.  Even something simple such as running a few commands and telling me it didn't work would be helpful.  If anyone would like to take it a step further and maintain one of the backends, that'd be even better.

--
Ian Dunn