lebitso writes: > Hello List, Hi, > my initial problem was that I can't send mails from mu4e anymore, when I > try to it fails and gives the message > > I then found out that I can send mails if I enter the the credentials > manually instead of getting them from gnome keyring as I usually do. > So I looked into it and found there's another problem with secrets.el > that i think is related. > > I'm on Arch Linux. Other Applications can create new items in the > keyring without a problem. The only thing that I can think of that has > changed since the last time I kno this worked is the upgrade to emacs26. > The Problem does occur in the same way with emacs -Q as it does with my > full configuration. > > I have no idea what could've caused it so I'd appreciate any feedback on > whether you can reproduce this issue. Confirmed, I can reproduce it with Emacs 26. In Emacs 27.0.50, this is fixed already, by commit b3956d85c7 related to bug#29575. Since this is part of a larger rewrite of secrets.el due to a new feature, I cannot simply cherry-pick that commit from Emacs' master branch to the emacs-26 branch. IIRC, the bug was uncovered while working on the new feature, and it was fixed silently. The appended patch seems to fix the problem in the emacs-26 branch. Could you, pls, check whether it works for you? > Thanks, > L. Best regards, Michael.