all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Muse Package help
@ 2018-10-28  2:55 M.R.P.
From: M.R.P. @ 2018-10-28  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello I used package manager to install muse in my config but I do not
know how to start it or if it has the correct code it needs to work

Here is my .config file.

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
  '(ansi-color-faces-vector
    [default default default italic underline success warning error])
  '(custom-enabled-themes (quote (wombat)))
  '(gnus-default-nntp-server "news.giganews.com")
  '(inhibit-startup-screen t)
  '(initial-scratch-message nil)
  '(org-modules
    (quote
     (org-bbdb org-bibtex org-docview org-gnus org-info org-irc org-mhe
org-rmail org-w3m org-drill)))
  '(package-selected-packages (quote (muse w3 org bbdb))))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
  )
(put 'erase-buffer 'disabled nil)

* Re: Muse Package help
@ 2018-10-30  8:42 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2018-10-30  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M.R.P.; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, Oct 28 2018, M.R.P. wrote:
> Hello I used package manager to install muse in my config but I
> do not know how
> to start it or if it has the correct code it needs to work

It may not be easy to find help with Muse, if only because Muse
hasn't been actively developed for about eight years now, IIRC,
and there won't be many people still using it.

Of course I don't know what you want to use Muse for, but for most
(if not all) uses, you should be able to find a suitable
replacement in Org mode (which, judging by your config, you
already seem to be using).

If you really need to use Muse, check out the Emacs Wiki page:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsMuse

which has links to the manual.

HTH

--