Hi Juri, >> There are a couple of ways to improve behavior of perform-replace: >> >> - Use a different name for the query-replace help buffer (patch attached) >> - Make 'C-l' or some other key bury the help buffer, if it was displayed >> in the main window >> - Make '?' toggle visibility of the help buffer >> - Allow switching windows in query-replace >> - Display the help message in the minibuffer > > To solve the same problem, isearch binds display-buffer-overriding-action > to isearch--display-help-action with '(nil (inhibit-same-window . t)) > that forces the *Help* buffer to be displayed in another window. Thanks for letting me know. I'm attaching a different patch which uses display-buffer-overriding-action. Does it look OK?