tags 22700 patch quit Hi all - This bug has been open a while, so just a quick reminder: erc-echo-timestamps does not work except for the first and last messages. This is because cursor-sensor--detect doesn't call cursor-sensor-functions if the text property hasn't changed[1]. Since ERC applies the property to _all_ of the message, the text property remains `eq' and so it doesn't get called when it should. We can fix this in ERC by not applying the text property to the whole message. I suggest not applying it to the last character. Now whenever you move point between messages, the timestamp gets echoed. Unless point winds up at the very end of the line, which is possible if you're moving from the end of a long message to a short message. Clearly not ideal, but better than the current situation. Patch attached. Thanks, Alex Footnotes: [1] It's due to these lines in cursor-sensor--detect: (if (or (and (null new) (null (cdr old))) (and (eq new (cdr old)) (eq (next-single-char-property-change start 'cursor-sensor-functions nil end) end))) ;; Clearly nothing to do. nil