* 2021-08-21 22:23:21+0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Daniel Colascione >> Today, winner binds C-c LEFT  and C-c RIGHT for window configuration >> undo and redo, respectively. > I'm actually surprised they have key bindings. How frequently do you > undo/redo window configuration changes? > > But I don't use winner, so maybe I'm missing something. Like others have said: very often. Many commands split windows or change the window configuration other ways. Command "C-c " (winner-undo) is about the fastest possible way to get back to previous window configurations. The main point of winner-mode is the automatically saved history of window configurations. >> (Also: is there any reason we shouldn't enable winner by default?) > > Doesn't the tab bar offer a similar functionality? Not in the sense of history. With tab-bar-mode or manual saving of window configuration a user must plan window changes before. But the original question was about new default bindings. I think "C-x 4" keymap would be a logical place if the original "C-c " and "C-c " are a problem. -- /// Teemu Likonen - .-.. https://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/ // OpenPGP: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450