all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ask for help
@ 2022-04-19 11:14 Xiang Ruan
From: Xiang Ruan @ 2022-04-19 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am not familiar with emacs-lisp programming, I just wonder if this list could give me some advice on how to implement the below functionality.

Suppose I invoke a commend "a" in a buffer, then the buffer may have a name with "a".
I want to keep watching a specific file on my system, let's say, a file of "/data/b".
When /data/b changes, I want emacs to automatically update or re-invoke "a" again in the same buffer "a" without catch my focus when I am working on other buffers.

My question is, is it possible to implement it?  If it is possible, can anybody suggest me a simple example ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

[parent not found: <mailman.178.1650413881.1187.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <mailman.463.1072100396.868.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* ask for help
@ 2003-12-22 12:34 etang
From: etang @ 2003-12-22 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
	I have installed cvs-version emacs21.3 on my computer(winxp).
	I have configured rmail to manage my mails, and it could receive
	mails successfully, but failed in sending with the follow errors:
	*****************************
	sending failed, smtp protocol error.
	I tried to find help through the web. There is a statement that
	emacs21.3 expect cvs-version, can not send mail by its original
	smtpmail.el. But i am using the cvs version. Several days ago,
	i used the emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz, and the same errors
	occured.

	I tried a lot, but all failed. I think i have to turn to you.

	Thanks!

	Yours
	Vincent