Gregory Heytings writes: >> >> Thanks, but please provide more info: >> >> . the exact recipe to try (I tried to follow the above, but >> couldn't, I guess I misunderstand what you mean) >> >> . on which terminal emulators this is known to happen, at least in >> your case (and if you happen to know, also others) >> > > Here is (I think) a recipe to demonstrate what the OP has in mind > (tested with xterm, rxvt, st, kitty, alacritty, Linux console): > > 1. emacs -Q -nw > > 2a. if your terminal emulator has a light background: M-x load-theme > RET modus-vivendi RET > > 2b. if your terminal emulator has a dark background: M-x load-theme > RET modus-operandi RET > > Observe at that point that the last character (the one at the bottom > right) does not have the background color of the chosen theme. So far > so good. > > 3. M-: (define-key minibuffer-mode-map (kbd "C-t") (defun bug57728 () (interactive) (dotimes (i 5000) (insert (+ (% (random) 26) ?a))))) RET But defun's docstring says "The return value is undefined". > > 4. M-: C-t > > 5. Now hit C-p a few times, until you see the "\" continuation > character appear on the last character (the one at the bottom right). > This should not happen. > > 6. Now press C-g. The continuation character stays there. Again this > should not happen. > > (Note that the "\" continuation character disappears with C-l, after > step 5 and after step 6.) > > > Yeah, you understood a part of my message, and Lars Ingebrigtsen understood the other part. -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. Its fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5