Hi Eli, Eli Zaretskii writes: > However, that header is not really needed here because the > signature of the GetTickCount64 function, which boot-time-aux.h now > calls, is completely defined in boot-time-aux.h: > > typedef ULONGLONG (WINAPI * GetTickCount64FuncType) (void); [...] > So I think the Gnulib code should be amended not to include > sysinfoapi.h. For the time being I made a local change in Emacs, to > be able to build the master branch with MinGW, but I don't think it's > an Emacs-specific issue. Thanks for the report. This code was a backup method for getting the boot time on Windows that I added recently. On my system #include includes which then includes unconditionally. Therefore you are correct that there is no need to include it. I've applied the attached patch in Gnulib fixing this. Were you using an older Windows version perhaps? For older systems where the function isn't declared in headers (_WIN32_WINNT < _WIN32_WINNT_VISTA) the dll is loaded and it tries to get the function address from there. Note that the line of code you sent is a typedef not a declaration. :) Collin