all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bug?: Undefined reference in ox-latex ?
@ 2024-08-05  5:13 David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2024-08-05  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just upgraded from Org 9.6.6 to Org 9.7.9.  Previously, I had no
problem exporting all my Org files to PDF (via ox-latex).  Now, I'm
getting the following warning on *some* of my files (1 or 2 have been
changed a little, but 1 or 2 haven't):

Warning (ox-latex): PDF file produced with warnings: [undefined reference]

This is via org-latex-publish-to-pdf.  I see nothing wrong with the
files and Git doesn't show me anything significantly changed.

One note: Org 9.6.6 was installed on the system with Emacs 29.4.  Org
9.7.9 was installed via package-install in an "emacs -q" startup.

Any way of tracing this down?

(I'm also having a problem with org-asciidoc, but I think that's a
separate issue.)

--
David Masterson

* Re: Bug?: Undefined reference in ox-latex ?
@ 2024-08-05 12:03 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2024-08-05 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

a good way to trace it down is first export to latex, and then try manually
building the latex file in a shell. I guess there could be a broken link
that causes an error in latex.

You might check what org-export-with-broken-links is set to. If it is nil,
you might change it to t and see if it exports.

--
John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
https://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu
https://pointbreezepubs.gumroad.com/ pycse bookstore

* Re: Bug?: Undefined reference in ox-latex ?
@ 2024-08-05 18:57 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-08-05 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> I just upgraded from Org 9.6.6 to Org 9.7.9.  Previously, I had no
> problem exporting all my Org files to PDF (via ox-latex).  Now, I'm
> getting the following warning on *some* of my files (1 or 2 have been
> changed a little, but 1 or 2 haven't):
>
> Warning (ox-latex): PDF file produced with warnings: [undefined reference]

You can check "*Org PDF LaTeX Output*" buffer to see the full LaTeX
output. It will refer to .tex file produced by Org, which you can
examine to narrow down the cause.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,