all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* "proxy" mentioned not even once in the Emacs Manual
@ 2002-07-31 19:29 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2002-07-31 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just curious, but I can't find the word "proxy" in the entire emacs
manual.

I just bet ange-ftp doesn't make use of such thing, despite my env
variable of ftp_proxy=http://localhost:8080/ .

Ok, if it can be made to make use of it, please help folks to find out
about it by having the word proxy in the manual somewhere, and
apropos.

We do find the word proxy in the w3 stuff.

We do find the word proxy deep in ange-ftp.el, but as it is not even
in any docstings, an average user won't find it.  Also what is
mentioned baffles one on how it relates to ftp_proxy=http://localhost
as used by WWWOFFLE.

Anyway, while you are there making "proxy" more findable, do clean up
the ange-ftp-lovers-request%anorman.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com jazz.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-31 19:29 UTC | newest]