Miles Bader writes: > Michael Olson writes: >>> | `completion' >>> | Complete nicknames and commands (old). This is the old module--you >>> | might prefer the "completion" module instead. > ... >> It makes sense, but perhaps it is terse. Does the following sound >> better? >> >> This is the old module. You might prefer to use the "completion" >> module instead. > > The old text seems a bit better actually, but I think the problem being > pointed out is the name of the alternative being suggested > ("completion") -- it seems to be the same module! > > Is it supposed to say `you might prefer the "pcomplete" module instead', > perhaps? [Sorry I don't have much knowledge of ERC.] Ah, I had missed that before. Here's a patch that will clarify things. Please apply it to both trunk and the Emacs 22 release branch.