all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RSS in Gnus
@ 2009-02-13 15:33 suky57
From: suky57 @ 2009-02-13 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I've got some questions about Gnus and its back end for readeing RSS.
Firstly, if I subsribe a feed for reading, Gnus displays only a few
articles (in dependence on the feed's adjustment). I'd like to set up
the Gnus to read all articles for each feed.

My next problem is, when I read the articles, Gnus displays only the
begining of the article, but I want to display whole article, not
link, which opens w3m.

Any idea how to resolve these problems?

Thanks

Martin

* RSS in Gnus
@ 2009-02-13 17:03 Martin Sukaný
From: Martin Sukaný @ 2009-02-13 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

--
Martin Sukaný
BLOG: http://blindubuntu.ic.cz

* Re: RSS in Gnus
@ 2009-02-13 17:35 ` Sebastian Tennant
From: Sebastian Tennant @ 2009-02-13 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Quoth suky57 <dockmaster9@gmail.com>:
> I've got some questions about Gnus and its back end for readeing RSS.
> Firstly, if I subsribe a feed for reading, Gnus displays only a few
> articles (in dependence on the feed's adjustment). I'd like to set up
> the Gnus to read all articles for each feed.
>
> My next problem is, when I read the articles, Gnus displays only the
> begining of the article, but I want to display whole article, not
> link, which opens w3m.
>
> Any idea how to resolve these problems?

Unfortunately no :(  But you may have more luck on the gnus mailing
list:

 Gmane group name: gmane.emacs.gnus.user
     List address: info-gnus-english@gnu.org

Sebastian
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.

* Re: RSS in Gnus
@ 2009-02-14  5:12 ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2009-02-14  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In article
<ed5c12cc-2efb-49e9-9f09-f76a81657220@j1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
 suky57 <dockmaster9@gmail.com> wrote:

> My next problem is, when I read the articles, Gnus displays only the
> begining of the article, but I want to display whole article, not
> link, which opens w3m.

Are you sure the feed contains the whole article?  Many RSS feeds only
contain the introduction, along with a link to the full article.

Do you see the full articles if you use other RSS readers?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

* Re: RSS in Gnus
@ 2009-02-14 10:47   ` Martin Sukaný
From: Martin Sukaný @ 2009-02-14 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    Barry> Are you sure the feed contains the whole article?  Many RSS
    Barry> feeds only contain the introduction, along with a link to
    Barry> the full article.
I'm not sure.
    Barry> Do you see the full articles if you use other RSS readers?
Yeah, when I used to read the feeds in Leferea (reader in GNOME)