all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#4843: creating menus
@ 2009-11-02  1:44 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-11-02  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: 4843

> It can be because you are now using a newer Gtk+ version.  Please use
> report-emacs-bug so we can see that at once instead of having to ask.
>
> If indeed you are using Gtk+, it is due to the introduction of native windows.
> To see if this is the case, start emacs with
> % GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1 emacs
> and try again.

I don't have any recollection of this problem.  Could you elaborate?  If
the menus don't work properly unless GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1, maybe we
should set it unconditionally.

* bug#4843: creating menus
@ 2009-10-31 22:29 Daniel Carvalho
From: Daniel Carvalho @ 2009-10-31 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

hi
when I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 the elisp code to create menus
stop working.

Consider example in http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_menu.html
It creates the menu "MyMenu", but the menu itens inside it don't show!

The emacs version didn't change: GNU Emacs 22.2.1

Anyone else had this problem? how to solve it?

;; Creating a new menu pane in the menu bar to the right of “Tools” menu
(define-key-after
  global-map
  [menu-bar mymenu]
  (cons "MyMenu" (make-sparse-keymap "hoot hoot"))
  'tools )

;; Creating a menu item, under the menu by the id “[menu-bar mymenu]”
(define-key
  global-map
  [menu-bar mymenu nl]
  '("Next Line" . next-line))