all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* when did cua mode supports C-z for undo?
@ 2010-08-29  2:00 Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2010-08-29  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

in emacs's cua-mode, when did it starts to support C-z for undo?

is it emacs 23.1 or 23.2?

i don't think that behavior is in emacs 22, and i haven't seen in the
NEWS file this change is mentioned.

thanks.

 Xah

* Re: when did cua mode supports C-z for undo?
@ 2010-09-08  7:11 ` tonghuix
From: tonghuix @ 2010-09-08  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

negtive now, just no key assigned to C-z, but maybe a little days after 23.3
--
tonghuix
 Debian、Emacs+Gnus

* Re: when did cua mode supports C-z for undo?
@ 2010-09-08 13:26   ` Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2010-09-08 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sep 8, 12:11 am, tonghuix <tongh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> negtive now, just no key assigned to C-z, but maybe a little days after 23.3
> --
> tonghuix
>  Debian、Emacs+Gnus

humm... interesting. I'm using GNU emacs 23.2.1 launched with -Q. And
when cua mode is on, Ctrl+z does undo.

@ 2010-09-08 14:31     ` Thorsten Bonow
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2010-09-08 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    Xah> On Sep 8, 12:11 am, tonghuix <tongh...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> negtive now, just no key assigned to C-z, but maybe a little days after
    >> 23.3 -- tonghuix Debian、Emacs+Gnus

    Xah> humm... interesting. I'm using GNU emacs 23.2.1 launched with -Q. And
    Xah> when cua mode is on, Ctrl+z does undo.

    Xah>  Xah

undo is bound to C-z in cua-mode in GNU Emacs 23.2.1 on my up to date Debian
Linux Unstable.

Toto

--
On rainy, dark autumn Saturday afternoons---when the late Douglas
Adams used to enter The Long Dark Tea Time Of The Soul---I