all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* $ in customized verbatim environment confuses Latex-mode
@ 2012-08-16 21:28 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-08-16 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi List,

I have a customized verbatim environment for Latex documents, lets call
it wideverbatim, and there is a small problem:

,---------------------
| \begin{wideverbatim}
|    $ foo
| \end{wideverbatim}
`---------------------

lets the buffer beyond the '$' sign look like in math mode (until
another 'free' $ is found) - no fontification anymore. However, compiling
and everything works fine, it seems only the fontification in the buffer
becomes distorted.

When I change it to

,-----------------
| \begin{verbatim}
|    $ foo
| \end{verbatim}
`-----------------

everything looks alright again. But when I try something like

,---------------------
| \begin{wideverbatim}
|    \$ foo
| \end{wideverbatim}
`---------------------

fontification returns to normal, but the \ backslash is printed in the
output.

Its not really a serious problem, since everything still works, but
maybe there is an easy remedy? It looks ugly and makes working in the
buffer more difficult.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: $ in customized verbatim environment confuses Latex-mode
       [not found] <mailman.7124.1345152366.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-08-16 21:57 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2012-08-16 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
[$ in custom verbatim environment]
> Its not really a serious problem, since everything still works, but
> maybe there is an easy remedy? It looks ugly and makes working in the
> buffer more difficult.

assuming you use auctex, i suspect customizing the variable
LaTeX-verbatim-environments and adding "wideverbatim" to itwill get you
what you want.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)

* Re: $ in customized verbatim environment confuses Latex-mode
@ 2012-08-17 14:57   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2012-08-17 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> [$ in custom verbatim environment]
>> Its not really a serious problem, since everything still works, but
>> maybe there is an easy remedy? It looks ugly and makes working in the
>> buffer more difficult.
>
> assuming you use auctex, i suspect customizing the variable
> LaTeX-verbatim-environments and adding "wideverbatim" to itwill get you
> what you want.

That does the job, thank you.

--
cheers,