() esr@thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) () Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:36:52 -0400 (EDT) That is what everyone should be using, now and in the future, to avoid causing unnecessary problems for this repository conversion and any we may have to do in the future. I think it's good to encounter anomalies, figure out how to handle them, and encode that handling, rather sooner than later. Also, a run taking 8-10 hours indicates that another code enhancement opportunity would be to re-slice the process from one-shot-batch to incremental-piecemeal. A bonus side-effect of checkpointed state is that other tools can be brought to bear (w/ a sane data design, which i presume). All this is more difficult, true, but still not as difficult as getting all pertinent programmers to perform perfectly... :-D -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil