all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [Emacs-diffs] tzz/let-alist-package ab4667d: Add let-alist macro and package.
       [not found] ` <E1Xyizi-0004zh-Nh@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-12-10 15:47   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-12-10 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Artur Malabarba

> +;;; News:
> +;;; Code:

There's no need to have a ";;; News:" section, so if it's empty, better
just remove it.

> +(provide 'let-alist)
> +;;; let-alist.el ends here
> +
> +
> +;; Local Variables:
> +;; sentence-end-double-space: t
> +;; End:

Either it ends there or it doesn't.  IOW, please move the file local
variables earlier.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] tzz/let-alist-package ab4667d: Add let-alist macro and package.
@ 2014-12-10 16:05     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-12-10 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:47:36 -0500 Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> +;;; News:
>> +;;; Code:

SM> There's no need to have a ";;; News:" section, so if it's empty, better
SM> just remove it.

>> +(provide 'let-alist)
>> +;;; let-alist.el ends here
>> +
>> +
>> +;; Local Variables:
>> +;; sentence-end-double-space: t
>> +;; End:

SM> Either it ends there or it doesn't.  IOW, please move the file local
SM> variables earlier.

OK.  Both changes made in branch tzz/let-alist-package-rc2

It would be nice if user "tzz" was allowed to "git push -f" into
branches that start with "tzz".  That's probably hard to implement
though, so I hope you don't mind the new branches.  IMO it's better to
amend a commit than make a followup for a trivial fix.

Ted

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] tzz/let-alist-package ab4667d: Add let-alist macro and package.
@ 2014-12-10 19:49       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-12-10 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> though, so I hope you don't mind the new branches.  IMO it's better to
> amend a commit than make a followup for a trivial fix.

When reading the commit-diffs, I prefer seeing the incremental change
than seeing a whole new file on another branch (or on the same branch),
so I actually prefer committing a new change on top of the other than
amending a previous commit from that point of view.

For branches with small changes and/or short lifetime, the end result
can be committed without keeping its history (i.e. combining all the
patches into a single one), if you want a cleaner history.