all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to update core extensions (Gnus)?
@ 2015-03-02 12:23 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2015-03-02 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Help List

Contrary to my long-held belief in the stagnation of the Gnus codebase (I was under the impression it had been untouched since 2009), Gnus has been revived and I want to implement changes that are newer than my current 25.0.5 emacs version. But it looks from my package manager that Gnus isn't something that I can, for instance, grab from Melpa. What's the best practice for updating a core package like this? Can I clone http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git and cause emacs to respect the clone over the built-in? Should I?