Stefan Monnier writes: >> So if we want this to become our default, we need changes in >> ispell.el, to replace ’ with ' before we sent it to the speller. Or >> maybe recommend users to install *.aff files that already support ’, >> assuming such dictionaries exist. > > Another approach would be to keep `...' in the files, but use > redisplay/font-lock tricks to display them ‘like-this’. I don't see the need for such a change. Is the character ` that ugly? The way it currently is looks fine to me (and reminds me of the usage of backquotes in Markdown). Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr