Nicolas Richard writes: > I was bootstrapping and ran into an error (shown below). > > The error shows a command that "make" is trying to run -- but when I run > that manually (from the lisp/ subdir), I don't get the error: > > EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/emacs' -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval "(setq max-lisp-eval-depth 2200)" --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)' -f batch-byte-compile net/shr.el > > If I remove net/shr.elc and do "make" again, I get the error again. So I > can reliably reproduce the error, but not in a way that I can run under > gdb... I tested more thoroughly and came up with the conclusion that my patch doesn't solve anything because I can't reproduce the build problem anymore. I did this: - I used git-new-workdir to get two copies of the emacs tree - In one of them, I applied an extension of the patch I posted previously : it mostly modifies a few calls to (debug ...) into (debug nil ...) (See attachment.) - In the other I used savannah/master as of commit b01cf822c5ac044bb550231c811a062d3a8cbeec Author: Glenn Morris Date: Tue Apr 21 06:18:09 2015 -0400 Conclusion : both trees compiled just fine. I can only assume that I had leftover files, which caused the problem (even though I'm almost sure I used "make bootstrap" when doing my tests initially). I'm now closing the bug and will reopen it if I see the initial problem again. Should the attached patch (or some variation of it) be applied anyway ?