Stefan Monnier writes: >>> Returning what FUN returned seems like a better choice. >>> If you need the element matched, then you can simply arrange for FUN >>> to return the element. >> There is a misunderstanding here I think. >> The way I see it, they are two different functions: the (new) seq-some, >> and this other function that is now missing in seq, with the new >> implementation of `seq-some'. > > I don't think so. Both functions can be one and the same. > If you really want seq-find, you can define it as > > (defun seq-find (pred seq) > (seq-some (lambda (x) (and (funcall pred x) x)) seq)) > > But I'm far from convinced it's worth having them both, Can you elaborate on why you think it's not worth it? IMO, finding an element in a sequence is a very common operation, and to do that now with `seq-some' one would have to add extra code to the lambda each time, which I find cumbersome, but more importantly is not very good in terms of code reuse. Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr