On 2016-12-06 Tue 07:31 GMT-0800, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Hong Xu >> Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 01:17:35 -0800 >> Cc: 25022-done@debbugs.gnu.org >> >> I see the reason: gnus-message-citation-mode should see whether the >> current major mode is derived from message-mode, rather than equal. I'll >> probably find another fix later. > > If you change the condition to be true for any mode derived from > message-mode, then all of them will inherit this feature. Are we sure > those other modes all want that? For example, gnus-art.el defines one > such mode; up until now, that mode didn't use this feature, maybe that > was for a good reason? I don't think it's a big problem -- the minor mode isn't automatically enabled anyway. If someone derives message-mode to a mode that isn't compatible with gnus-message-citation-mode, she can just disable the minor mode.