Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Alex >> Cc: Matthew Plant , emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 17:24:15 -0600 >> >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> >> >> That being said, shouldn't this face be part of the group display-line- >> >> number? Faces for compilation errors are part of the the compilation >> >> group. >> > >> > My reasoning was that this is one of the basic faces we provide, so >> > it's in the basic faces group. >> >> It appears that a face can be added to multiple groups. > > Which other faces are in more than one group? Here are some in face.el: mode-line* window-divider* fringe cursor mouse menu >> Perhaps this should be done for the line-number* faces? > > If this is established practice, no objections here. Okay, I've attached a patch which does this. Additionally, I added the `display-line-numbers' group to the `convenience' group since (n)linum belong to that group. nlinum belongs to 2 groups already, as do groups such as `message' and `mode-line-faces', so it should also be fine.