Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:06:27 +0200 >> From: martin rudalics >> CC: 22000@debbugs.gnu.org, David Engster , >> "eliz@gnu.org" >> >> > New patch series - I think this has all the features and functionality >> > discussed so far. >> >> Eli, I think this should go to the release branch. If it introduces any >> problems, we should find out soon enough - I think that most of our GTK >> users leave the menu bar on. But it is not just a cosmetic change. > > Not a cosmetic change, indeed. > > I realize that it fixes an annoying misfeature, but it does so by > introducing a significant new feature which requires quite a few code > lines. For a problem that AFAIU has been with us since time > immemoriam, I'm really uneasy with putting this on emacs-26. But I'm > fully prepared to hear arguments to the contrary. Iʼve tried the patch now, and am seeing some minor display glitches from emacs -Q. The space allocated for the menu bar seems slightly too small, resulting in a dotted line underneath it, see screenshot. This is with gtk 3.22.30.