all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Org-mode export to .tex ?
@ 2019-10-08  3:55 Xavier MAILLARD
From: Xavier MAILLARD @ 2019-10-08  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

for my day to day notes taking system, I am using a thing named
"pocketmod"; it is more or less an A4 sheet of paper folded in 8 little
pages.
I find this system quite inexpensive and quick when it comes to just
take a quick note/schedule/whatever.

On the other side, a pocketmod is not meant to last months and I need,
from time to time to "save" some of my notes or todos into something
more accurate. As a GNU emacs user, orgmode is almost an evidence.

My question is this: is there a way to take an orgmode agenda and
format/export it in .tex files suitable to build a pocketmod version ?
I remember someone posted an org2hpda Makefile but, either I am doing
something wrong, running it just outputs empty .tex files (there are no
entries from my org mode files).

Thanks for your help.
Xavier

* Re: Org-mode export to .tex ?
@ 2019-10-08 10:22 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2019-10-08 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier MAILLARD; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 2019-10-08, at 05:55, Xavier MAILLARD <xavier@maillard.im> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> for my day to day notes taking system, I am using a thing named
> "pocketmod"; it is more or less an A4 sheet of paper folded in 8
> little pages.
> I find this system quite inexpensive and quick when it comes to just
> take a quick note/schedule/whatever.
>
> On the other side, a pocketmod is not meant to last months and I need,
> from time to time to "save" some of my notes or todos into something
> more accurate. As a GNU emacs user, orgmode is almost an evidence.
>
> My question is this: is there a way to take an orgmode agenda and
> format/export it in .tex files suitable to build a pocketmod version ?
> I remember someone posted an org2hpda Makefile but, either I am doing
> something wrong, running it just outputs empty .tex files (there are
> no entries from my org mode files).

I don't know about exporting agenda, but you could use csv agenda (see
http://mbork.pl/2019-07-15_Batch_Org_agenda) and LaTeX pocketmod.sty
(see https://github.com/liantze/pocketmod.sty).

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: Org-mode export to .tex ?
@ 2019-10-16 12:20 ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2019-10-16 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Xavier

Xavier MAILLARD <xavier@maillard.im> writes:

> My question is this: is there a way to take an orgmode agenda and
> format/export it in .tex files suitable to build a pocketmod version ?
> I remember someone posted an org2hpda Makefile but, either I am doing
> something wrong, running it just outputs empty .tex files (there are
> no entries from my org mode files).

I just looked at the org2hpda code and it seems to rely on the cal-tex
package to generate LaTeX calendars for you. If you set cal-tex-diary to
true you will also see diary entries. But AFAICT it doesn't include
anything from the org agenda.

HTH
Christian

--