Version: 27.2 Sean Devlin writes: > Hi folks, Hi Sean, > I did a little digging, and I think the problem is in > tramp-sh-handle-write-region around line 3240: > >> ;; If `append' is non-nil, we copy the file locally, and let >> ;; the native `write-region' implementation do the job. >> (when append (copy-file filename tmpfile 'ok)) > > It looks like copy-file fails if filename doesn’t exist. Adding a test > for file existence (i.e. file-exists-p) to the condition seems to > solve the problem, though admittedly I only tested for my own narrow > use case. Thanks, and yes, your analysis is correct. I've committed a respective patch to Emacs master. I've extended also tramp-tests.el accordingly. The patch is appended. Since Emacs 27.1 is already in pretest, I haven't applied it there. The next Tramp release in GNU ELPA, 2.4.3.3, will contain the patch. It is expected end of March. > Thanks! Best regards, Michael.