Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Eric Abrahamsen >> Cc: larsi@gnus.org, 37078@debbugs.gnu.org >> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 11:49:19 -0700 >> >> Okay, here's another stab at it. Since the sections have been slimmed >> down I've just turned them into headings, which I think aids digestion >> and removes the heading collision problem. > > That's okay. > >> I feel like adding cross references to the first paragraph of "The >> Basics of Servers, Groups, and Articles" has made it even harder to >> parse, and am inclined to turn that into an unordered list of three >> terms. > > I like the result. Maybe I'm biased, so it would be good to hear > other opinions. I don't mind either way, really. > A few minor Texinfo comments below. > >> +using interactive commands in the Server buffer. See @pxref{Finding > > "See @pxref" again. > >> +per-group (see @pxref{Mail Sources} for more information). > > Same here. Okay there's something funny going on here. When I run "make" with this exact diff, the output looks exactly right: "See _Finding the News_ for details." Same with your other, later notes. If I "C-x C-f" from the info manual (now I'm in "/info/") and open gnus.info, I see there is no "See" in the text, just "*note Finding the News:: for details." Playing with this further, the info display seems to be inserting a "see" if there isn't one, and not if there is. In the info manual for the texinfo package on my system, it says all three reference commands (@xref, @ref, and @pxref) will insert a see. I'm not seeing any doubled "see"s in the output, though. The texinfo package version on Arch linux is 6.7-3. Could behavior be different between versions? Anyway, I've edited my diff according to your notes, please take a look. Eric