Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 01:50:48 +0200 >> From: rgrant@posteo.net >> >> Is this supposed to scroll down by three lines, or is it supposed to >> scroll down by three screen-fulls? > > The former. The doc string says it clearly: > > Scroll text of selected window upward ARG lines The doc string is indeed clear, but I personally wouldn't have expected that behaviour. I'm curious if there's a particular reason why C-v deviates from the convention of other similar movement commands, where specifying a numerical ARG `n' would have the effect of performing that command's action `n' times (e.g. M-3 M-f to move forward three words).