Gregory Heytings writes: >> The only real solution that I see is something along the lines of >> what I recommended: Packages suggest customizations, and >> package-install may either ignore, ask for confirmation or accept >> them by default, if there are no problems with what is suggested >> (eg. collisions). > > And that solution cannot be implemented if there is no key space > reserved for third-party libraries. Which is what the proposal is > about. The proposal is not about the particular mechanisms that could > be used to bind keys in that reserved area. I argue it can be done, and that the proposal to have packages suggest keys to bind would avoid the need to designate a special key space for third-party packages. That is why I'm brining it up. -- Philip K.