Po Lu writes: [...] > We have the same general pattern (random_gc = random_opposite_gc) in > most of the X code, so it is redundant IMHO. But I won't insist. Ok. I can remove this comment then. [...] > Yes, that isn't expected to work, because Cairo is broken. Also, you > can't build Emacs with both Xft and Cairo, since they're mutually > exclusive. 😅 sorry. So then "Xft + cairo" is just "cairo". > Could you please describe how the colors are "not quite right"? Here is how it look here™ on a PseudoColor Xephyr. This is Cairo with a bitmap font: