Simon Pugnet writes: > "Robert Pluim" writes: > >> What does hb-view show? Something like >> >> hb-view --output-file=foo.svg --font-size=13 \ >> /usr/share/fonts/truetype/noto/NotoColorEmoji.ttf \ >> -u 1f469,200d,2764,fe0f,200d,1f468 >> >> and then display foo.svg > > That highlighted a missing shared library: - > > hb-view: error while loading shared libraries: libchafa.so.0: > cannot > open shared object file: No such file or directory > > I searched through Arch's package repository and found: - > > $ pacman -Ss chafa > community/chafa 1.12.0-1 > Image-to-text converter supporting a wide range of symbols and > palettes, transparency, animations, etc. > > I installed this and then hb-view started working. The output was as > I'd expect: a properly composed image. I restarted Emacs however the > same problem persists. Perhaps I need to rebuild Emacs so I'll try > that in a bit. > > If that fixes it then it looks like the Arch harfbuzz package now > depends on chafa, however it is not listed as a dependency. That > would > then be a bug with the Arch packaging I think. > > Thanks for your help! Following up on this, rebuilding Emacs didn't help. I also used LD_DEBUG while running Emacs and I cannot see any reference to chafa, so perhaps that was only a dependency for hb-view and not harfbuzz itself? I also looked through the LD_DEBUG output and I couldn't see anything that looked like a problem (e.g. missing harfbuzz symbols). Kind regards, -- Simon Pugnet https://www.polaris64.net/