Eduardo Ochs writes: > The idea of adding a button for beginners at the startup page and > making it go to an Org page looks like a much better approach to me in > comparison with Doom - and I imagine that it would let people > configure Emacs in a wide spectrum of configurations I think this is actually the second step. The first step is figuring out how to foster configuration communities from core Emacs. How to find out which configurations are there and how they organize to decide > http://anggtwu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#2 This looks like a start, but already deeper in than I’d think. About the first part (#1, not #2): I think the first command to learn with Emacs is CTRL-g. You’re stuck in something and want to Get Back to whatever you did before. Regardless of the strange things happening right now, stop them. If something worries you, just hit C-g repeatedly. Even if that didn’t change the current situation, it gave you time to think, because it didn’t do anything ☺ Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de