all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Where's MS Windows emacs 21.4?
@ 2005-09-02 18:40 smsmsm
From: smsmsm @ 2005-09-02 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I hope someone can point me to a download location for emacs 21.4
binray for MS windows. I've looked at ftp.gnu.org and it strangely
enough still only has binaries for emacs 21.3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Sunil

* Re: Where's MS Windows emacs 21.4?
@ 2005-09-03 14:58 ` Baloff
From: Baloff @ 2005-09-03 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

smsmsm@gmail.com writes:

> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can point me to a download location for emacs 21.4
> binray for MS windows. I've looked at ftp.gnu.org and it strangely
> enough still only has binaries for emacs 21.3. Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sunil

try
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

* Re: Where's MS Windows emacs 21.4?
@ 2005-09-12 17:33   ` smsmsm
From: smsmsm @ 2005-09-12 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

This doesn't help. I go to the link, and the first thing I see there
is...

``The latest version of Emacs is 21.2''

Even I've got 21.3. I go to the "where can I get precompiled versions?"
and it takes me to ftp.gnu.org, where as I've pointed out the latest
available version appears to be 21.3.

@ 2005-09-12 17:56     ` Christian Schlauer
From: Christian Schlauer @ 2005-09-12 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

"smsmsm" <smsmsm@gmail.com> writes:

> This doesn't help. I go to the link, and the first thing I see there
> is...
>
> ``The latest version of Emacs is 21.2''
>
> Even I've got 21.3. I go to the "where can I get precompiled versions?"
> and it takes me to ftp.gnu.org, where as I've pointed out the latest
> available version appears to be 21.3.

The latest released version is 21.4 which differs from 21.3 only by a
bugfix in `movemail'. There are no precompiled binaries available for
21.4, and if I interpreted Jason Rumney (I think) correctly on a
mailing list, you should not wait for them either.

Wait for Emacs 22.1 ;-)
--
Christian Schlauer