all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* file permissions
@ 2006-04-30  0:28 evaristegalois
From: evaristegalois @ 2006-04-30  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is probably a simple problem but I can't find anything on it in the
manual.

I have emacs version 21 on my ubuntu (linux) computer. Everytime I save a
file in emacs it is saved with file permissions that allow me to read, write
and execute the file, but nobody else. Then I upload the file on the net to
use it on a different computer and can't access it because I am forbidden
access because I am no longer ``myself'' on a different computer. Right now
I change the file permissions by hand using the chmod command.

But for convenience I would like Emacs to save my files right away as files
that can be read, written to or executed by anybody. How can I accomplish
this?

Thanks

--evaristegalois
Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.