all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* calendar thinks 2007 == 2008
@ 2008-04-07 18:18 Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2008-04-07 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel

Hi

I'm use emacs-cvs, and erm, this could very well be my own doing, but
since the last update of my debian cvs package, my calendar block
appointments seem to randomly show up most or some other days. In any case
don't stop at the block end date.

Has S=something changed that I should be aware of? I guess I should not be
using the bleeding edge and expect it to make life better all the time..

Regards,

Gijs

--
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men
have mediocrity thrust upon them.

* Re: calendar thinks 2007 == 2008
@ 2008-04-07 19:17 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-04-07 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gijs Hillenius; +Cc: Emacs-Devel

Gijs Hillenius wrote:

> I'm use emacs-cvs, and erm, this could very well be my own doing, but
> since the last update of my debian cvs package, my calendar block
> appointments seem to randomly show up most or some other days. In any case
> don't stop at the block end date.

Recipe starting from emacs -Q and including minimal example diary file please.

If the debian package is old, tests with the current CVS trunk are
more useful.

* Re: calendar thinks 2007 == 2008
@ 2008-04-07 20:26   ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2008-04-07 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel

On  7 Apr 2008, Glenn Morris replied:

to what I wrote:

>> I'm use emacs-cvs, and erm, this could very well be my own doing, but
>> since the last update of my debian cvs package, my calendar block
>> appointments seem to randomly show up most or some other days. In any case
>> don't stop at the block end date.

> Recipe starting from emacs -Q and including minimal example diary file please.
>
> If the debian package is old, tests with the current CVS trunk are
> more useful.

Hello,

thx for the reply. That shows me the error is prolly in one of my
start-up files:

Here is what happens if I start

emacs-snapshot-gtk -Q

and then open the calendar and point to a date:

Bad sexp at line 941 in ~/diary: (cyclic-diary-block 09 02 2007 25 05 2007 7)
Preparing diary...done

And then I get this when I click on the date

%%(diary-block 27 01 2006 29 01 2006) appointments & stuff
%%(diary-block 23 4 2006 30 4 2006) stuff..
%%(diary-block 14 7 2007 29 7 2007) stuff ..
%%(diary-block 6 8 2007 23 8 2007) stuff
%%(diary-block 4 20 2008 4 23 2008) stuff

line 941 (indeed) is

&%%(cyclic-diary-block 09 02 2007 25 05 2007 7) stuff

which is a function in one of my files:

(defun cyclic-diary-block (sday smon syear eday emon eyear interv)
  (let ((beg (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list smon sday syear)))
        (end (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list emon eday eyear)))
        (now (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian date))
        (int interv))
    (when (and (>= now beg)
               (<= now end)
               (= (mod (- now beg) int) 0))
      t)))

Hm.

--
Who would have guessed reading and writing would pay off!
		-- Homer, "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington"